The ISO 22000 standard is the first international standard for implementation of a certified food safety management system. It covers Interactive communication, System Management, and Hazard control.
Many standards have been developed within food safety: specific company standards, legal regulations, as well as standards developed by retailers. Their proliferation made their application difficult. At the same time, food safety principles have spread across the world. The safety of foodstuffs has become a major issue for all players in the food supply chain.
ISO 22000 is a single standard with worldwide reach, addressing all food safety principles. It has thus become necessary for all players in the food supply chain.
Benefits of Implementing an ISO 22000
- Greater impact on customers
- Increased transparency
- Streamlined production
- Minimization of significant food risks
- Effective control of internal processes and minimizing the risk of failure
- Increased staff motivation by focusing on a job well done
- Signal sent about a proactive approach to food safety
- Focus kept on your essential challenges